Thursday, February 4, 2010

Midweek Break

While last weekend was the official full moon hike on Lions Head, I went for my own on Wednesday. Grant and I have been working pretty long hours (and he's an earlier bird than me!) so I planned a break for Wednesday. After work, I did a quick change at the apartment and raced to Lions Head hoping there would be enough people around and it would be light enough to hike. I made it to the parking area by 7pm and there were at least 20 cars. There's really one path up (excluding the chains shortcut) and I felt comfortable with safety in numbers (even though the numbers were strangers). I made it up in 30 minutes and the sun had already ducked behind the clouds at the horizon. I started talking to 2 guys at the top who started down as I stretched and sat to take in the views. On the way down, I caught back up with them at the chains. Since they offered to walk together, I came down slower pace and used the headlamp once it was dark.

All safe and well and a much-needed midweek release.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lots of ways to be with friends... love you...