Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last rainbows

A quick recap on the last two weekends... The first included a wintery Saturday (by Cape Town standards) so I caught up on my reading, drawing, exploring in the car, and finding a local fish market in Strand. The morning was wet and rainy with pockets of bright blue skies - creating a few rainbows over the Atlantic. You can just barely see the second one in this picture just to the right.

That evening Grant cooked me an amazing 3 course meal - including an amazing seared tuna salad, which takes the prize of the best salad I've had in Cape Town! Sunday, we spent the morning and afternoon drinking wine on the rocks of Sea Point, reading Tarot cards, and checking out some real estate in the area. Then I attempted to recreate the fabulous seared tuna salad (not bad, I must say) and made an early evening.

The second weekend included a new adventure - diving up the coast at Brittany Bay. The water was quite murky but I caught my contribution to the evening's braai: fresh crayfish (more like a lobster without the claws)! As we got out of the water, the sky was painted orange and pink. The homes along the water are all white; I walked back to Roy and Linda's along the beach appreciating the colours reflecting off the summer homes. A sunset to remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!