Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back!

Back in South Africa – the first week back has flown by. I had an eventful flight back (both good and bad) including a wonderful 9-hour layover in London. I took the tube (minding the gap, of course) to meet Mike, a Londoner who I met on my birthday in Stellenbosch who offered to show me around for the day. We started with coffee at a café where we could sit in the square where all the major film premiers take place and people-watch. From there, we went and found the double decker bus tour; touristy but fun :) Afterwards, we went and found lunch at another cafe before I got back on the tube for the airport. I went to the British Airways lounge for a quick shower and was informed that I was the lucky recipient of an 'involuntary upgrade'. Seriously, I'm getting way spoiled...

Anyway, Amy and Katie (from DC) beat me back here and it’s been great having guests again. They are shark diving today while I work… pictures and stories soon from this past weekend!

No comments: