Wednesday, June 6, 2007

naked chocolate and topless coffee?

The topless coffee is what I had previously known as bottomless coffee but naked chocolate remains a mystery. Some morning on the walk to work, I'll be sure to investigate.

I continue to be impressed by the friendliness of the South Africans I have met. First, I have never been called 'stunning' quite so many times (yes, they were probably referring to my work) but it's still a day-maker. Then this morning, I sat down for breakfast at the hotel and pulled out my book until the others arrived. The woman working came over with a glass of water for me (she knows I drink tap water each morning - my green tendencies continue over here) and I complimented her on the pretty fruit salad I saw her making yesterday morning towards the end of our meal. I read on and a few minutes later, she brought me a single serving of fresh fruit she had just cut up for me. I've encountered many people here who go out of their way for other people; it's wonderful.

Another team member arriving today - exciting!

No comments: