Monday, August 20, 2007

Last weekend... for a while

I can't believe these 3 months have gone so quickly; I leave Cape Town this Friday for SF for 2 weeks at home.

A quick run down of my last weekend starts with tennis at sunset below the 12 Apostles (the back of Table Mountain) Friday evening. Saturday, I surfed with Garth, a local who showed me around - I'm definitely bringing my wetsuit back with me - and a drive up the west coast past Blouberg to watch the sunset and take some pictures of Table Mountain.

Sunday morning, I hiked Lion's Head at sunrise, which summits above the clouds - beautiful - followed by an afternoon of surfing. I got home just in time to watch the sunset at Clifton.
The only downside of the weekend was Monday morning's news; there were 15 muggings on Table Mountain over the weekend and 7 on Lions Head. That will be the end of my solo hiking...

No comments: